May 25, 2017: Amid the confusion regarding the delay in the CBSE class 12th Board Examination 2017 Results and the controversies with stay on NEET 2017 Results, HRD Minister, Prakash Javadekar has spoken again. In an interview with PTI, the HRD Minister has again reassured the students of timely declaration of Class 12 Board Exam Results for 2017. When spoken to about the stay order issued by Delhi HC on May 23 regarding CBSE stand on Moderation, the Union Minister has quoted that CBSE is looking into the matter and it would take the course which is in the best interests of the students. He also assured that a systematic and fair assessment policy to ensure no student’s interest is harmed would be employed for NEET 2017 Results. No comment was made on the possibility of a NEET re-exam. He spoke to PTI during his visit to Gandhinagar to participate in annual meeting of African Development Bank. Related News | CBSE Class 12th Results 2017 unlikely tomorrow: Javadekar assures of timely results, Board to issue confirmation 24 hours in advance
For the stay on NEET, he shared that he was personally meeting with the concerned parties. The disparity in the question papers in regional languages has led to various petitions from States against the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by CBSE on May 7. The Minister shared that he had already interacted with the Gujarat Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama. Parents of about 40 students from Gujarat had also filed a petition regarding the disparity in the regional language question papers as compared to English Language question papers. Madras HC has also, in response, to a similar plea stayed the declaration of NEET 2017 results till June 7. As for the expected date of the declaration of CBSE 12th Results, the Minister said that due notice of 24 hours would be given before results would be declared. Sources have shared that CBSE was intending to release the CBSE 12th Results 2017 on May 27.
In his interaction with PTI, he commented, “I had a talk with Chudasama on the issue of NEET. I just want to give an assurance that students who gave the exam in languages other than English will not (be) at any kind of loss. There is a set system of examination and no one will be subjected to injustice.” Also Read | CBSE NEET 2017 to be cancelled? SC to hear plea next week.
As for the on-going confusion regarding the Moderation Policy and CBSE’s decision to file a special leave petition in Supreme Court, the Minister had this to say, “We are not bringing in any major changes in the current system. I want to assure everyone that no injustice will be done. As far as the court order goes, we are looking into the matter and trying to sort out the issue. There is no need to worry,” Javadekar said.
Javadekar has again reassured the students and the parents that CBSE would not be bringing any major changes and is cognizant of the hard work put into CBSE Board Examinations as well as NEET 2017. The Minister has again reassured that the CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2017 results would not be delayed. Regarding the NEET 2017 controversy, the minister has hinted at rectification by the Board to ensure an equal platform for all students.