Delhi University has released the entrance exam dates for Bachelor of Elementary Education (BElEd) on the official website, du.ac.in. BElEd programme is a four-year integrated professional degree programme of Elementary Teacher Education.
The entrance test will be held on July 2. The course is offered only to women candidates and is available in eight colleges. The entrance test for the course will be held from 12pm-2pm in 18 centers across the country. Total number of seats is 400. All the candidates interested in taking admission need to be intermediate (class 12) pass from a recognised board of India. Also, candidates should have scored minimum 50 per cent marks in each of the four subjects and an aggregate of 50 per cent in the qualifying examination.
College-wise seat breakup:
Aditi Mahavidyala: 50
Jesus and Mary College: 50 (50 per cent of seats are reserved for Christian applicants)
Institute of Home Economics: 50
Lady Sri Ram College: 50
Mata Sundri: 50
Miranda House: 50
Shyama Prasad Mukherjee: 50
- The total duration of the entrance exam will be of two hours
- The test will have Class 10 level questions from English and Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science
- The entrance test will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) format
- There will be no descriptive questions and the test shall be bilingual (English and Hindi), wherever applicable
- Fir each correct answer, four marks will be awarded
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.