The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the examination date for civil services preliminary examination 2018. As per the schedule put on the official website www.upsc.gov.in, the exam is scheduled to be conducted on June 3, 2018. The application for the same will be available by February 7.
The preliminary exam for this year (2017) is all set to be conducted on June 18. The candidates who haven’t downloaded their admit cards yet are required to do so at the earliest. The exam is held for prestigious posts in the administration including IAS, IRS, IPS, IFS etc.
- Those interested in applying should possess a degree of graduation in any stream from any university recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Those who have appeared in the qualifying exam and are waiting for their results are also eligible to apply, provided they submit the certificate of qualification along with the mark sheet to the UPSC before the main exam
- The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective types (multiple type questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects set out in sub-section (A) of section II
- The General Studies paper-II will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33 per cent
- The question papers will be set in both Hindi and English
- The duration of each paper will be two hours.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is an organisation that works under the central government to recruit staff for various posts in the various ministries and departments, and in subordinate offices. The commission also conducts examinations for the recruitment in various departments of the state.